Browse Source

readme update

master
Fire-Head 2 years ago
parent
commit
a3eae736e7
  1. 9
      README.md

9
README.md

@ -48,7 +48,7 @@ Some of them can be toggled at runtime, some cannot.
* Debug menu to do and change various things (Ctrl-M to open)
* Debug camera (Ctrl-B to toggle)
* Rotatable camera
* Xinput controller support (Windows)
* XInput controller support (Windows)
* No loading screens between islands ("map memory usage" in menu)
* Skinned ped support (models from Xbox or Mobile)
* Rendering
@ -79,7 +79,7 @@ The following things would be nice to have/do:
* [PS2 port](https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3/wiki/PS2-port)
* Xbox port (not quite as important)
* reverse remaining unused/debug functions
* compare Codewarrior build with original binary for more accurate code (very tedious)
* compare CodeWarrior build with original binary for more accurate code (very tedious)
## Modding
@ -138,7 +138,7 @@ Microsoft recently discontinued its downloads of the DX9 SDK. You can download a
> :information_source: re3 uses completely homebrew RenderWare-replacement rendering engine; [librw](https://github.com/aap/librw/). librw comes as submodule of re3, but you also can use LIBRW enviorenment variable to specify path to your own librw.
If you feel the need, you can also use Codewarrior 7 to compile re3 using the supplied codewarrior/re3.mcp project - this requires the original RW33 libraries, and the DX8 SDK. The build is unstable compared to the MSVC builds though, and is mostly meant to serve as a reference.
If you feel the need, you can also use CodeWarrior 7 to compile re3 using the supplied codewarrior/re3.mcp project - this requires the original RW33 libraries, and the DX8 SDK. The build is unstable compared to the MSVC builds though, and is mostly meant to serve as a reference.
## Contributing
We have a [Coding Style](https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3/blob/master/CODING_STYLE.md) document that isn't followed or enforced very well.
@ -158,7 +158,8 @@ After a bit of work the project lay dormant for about a year
and was picked up again and pushed to github in May 2019.
At the time I (aap) had reversed around 10k lines of code and estimated
the final game to have around 200-250k.
Others quickly joined the effort and we made very quick progress
Others quickly joined the effort (Fire_Head, shfil, erorcun and Nick007J
in time order, and Serge a bit later) and we made very quick progress
throughout the summer of 2019
after which the pace slowed down a bit.

Loading…
Cancel
Save